Conversations from Studio B
We are on WOUB AM 1340 at 1:00-1:30PM on the fourth Sunday of every month, and some months, we have additional programs on other days.
To listen to the very latest programs, see links to the six newest Conversations below, or explore our archives at the bottom of this page – going back to 2004 – for programs on a full range of mental health issues: Depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, community resources, suicide, and much more!
Listen to conversations on Stitcher (register with Facebook to comment and share), or download the app (Apple Store or Google Play) to use Stitcher to listen to the Conversations on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
|July 9, 2018
“Radical Authenticity” in Coping with Major Depression, PTSD, and Dissociative Disorder.
|May 9, 2018
Sgt. Sean Hess
Kansas City’s Approach to Helping Folks with Mental Illness.
|April 9, 2018
Dr. Stephen Hinshaw
Another Kind of Madness, A Journey Through the Stigma and Hope of Mental Illness.
|March 16, 2018
Living with Clinical Depression.
|February 9, 2018
Living with Bipolar 1 with Psychotic Features.
|December 5, 2017
Experiences with Schizophrenia and Work in Behalf of Peers.
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Childhood and adolescence: Autism, Asperger’s, and other conditions and mental illnesses
- Community resources, recovery, and general information for consumers, loved ones, and caregivers
- Cultural issues and mental illness
- Law enforcement: Jail diversion, crisis intervention training, courts, and prison systems
- Hospitals, housing, healthcare, and treatment
- Other syndromes and conditions (Anorexia, Tourette’s, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Paranoid Personality Disorder, Panic Attacks, Narcissistic Personality Disorder)
- Postpartum depression
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder
- Substance abuse
- Suicide, suicide survivors, and suicide prevention