Do you have a loved one who has been diagnosed with, or whom you feel might have, a mental illness? Or, are you, yourself, on a journey to recovery? Don’t suffer in silence or try to go it alone. There is hope. NAMI Athens can help. We are an organization comprised of families and consumers facing similar challenges. We’ve been through it.
The resources listed below are for you
- Free Night Courses for Loved ones/Parents of adults or children with mental illness and for persons in recovery from mental illness.
- Radio interviews – Over 100 Conversations from Studio B with persons in recovery, specialists, authors, etc., covering the major mental disorders such as Borderline Personality, Tourette’s, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Postpartum disorder. Listen online
To quickly get advice or support – non-judgmental and in confidence – call us at (740)593-7424 or, if you prefer, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Facebook users, you can also Like our NAMI Athens page, to receive information and announcements, or leave public comments and questions.
- Family Support meetings: Support group for persons with adult loved ones with mental illness.
- Join NAMI-Athens!
- Guide to Professional Services
How do you know where to start? Medical / insurance / government — whose job is it to help me (and why do I feel so lost)? This is not yet online, but you can still call us! Reach us at (740)593-7424.
- Explore Ohio’s Medicaid program – Click here for general information. For specific information about Medicaid Buy-In for Workers with Disabilities (MBIWD), click here. MBIWD Income Guidelines are here.
- Family Heathcare, Inc – Family Health Care in the Plains provides mental health services to consumers with payment on a sliding scale according to income. More information is available here.
Free or inexpensive prescription drugs for the uninsured – The pharmaceutical companies will provide free drugs for needy persons.
- To apply directly, go to http://www.pparx.org/ .
- If you would like assistance for the $12/ prescription, go to http://www.prescriptionhope.com/ and click on the Enrollment link at the top of the page.
- For a comprehensive listing of the available Prescription Assistance Programs (PAPs) programs from drug companies throughout the United States, click here.
Suicide Bereavement Support Group – For those survivors who share a common sorrow in having lost someone to suicide.